Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Disciples Making Disciples

The group of leaders from Sumbawanga Mennonite Church
Sunday evenings we have been meeting with a group of leaders and discussing tools for spiritual growth, and they receive assignments of daily activities for them to do through the week. Subjects included recognizing where God is at work, the importance of both rest and work, relationships that sustain us, praying according to the Lord’s Prayer, understanding and using spiritual gifts, and being disciples that make disciples.
This week we asked them what they have been learning. Here are some of the things they said:
  • When I read the Bible now, I begin by asking God to teach me, and I understand what I am reading.
  • I have started to read the Bible like the daily newspaper, and I am learning so much.
  • I am learning to pray, like Jesus taught his disciples to pray.
  • Now when I sing songs, I see references to verses in the Bible, because I have been reading the Bible. Before these studies I did not know where they came from.
  • I am challenged that it is not enough that I am a disciple of Jesus, I must also lead others to become disciples.
We will be leaving Sumbawanga for 2 months for holiday with family in the USA and some training events in other places in East Africa, but returning the end of August. While we are gone, the local pastor will continue to lead the group in discussing and applying what they have learned. Keep them in your prayers that their desire to grow will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment